Let's be honest, now that I am a Mommy, there isn't much Liz or much of that, mostly just about Finleigh!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Finleigh is ONE MONTH!

Writing this post freaks me out. Period. Some days it's hard to believe that she is finally here and then to realize that she is a month old is just unreal....
 
I was SO proud of myself this morning (on the 12th when I started this post HA) my husband was off to work (24 hours) so while she was still asleep I showered and actually did my hair (WHAT is that?!) and then I did my chalkboard. When she woke up I put her straight in the chair thinking I would get her before she knew what was happening... She looked terrified. and then she screamed. Time to eat!
 
(ignore the blur and that the chalkboard is covered... working on it) 
 
So we tried again later. 

 
And later.  
 
Soooo okay we discovered Finleigh doesn't love chalkboard pics as much as her Mommy does :) I let it go. Maybe two months will be better. At some point after the pictures she also spit up in my clean hair. I guess that was karma for making her try 3 times!
 
Age/Date: One month, August 12, 2013
 
Weight: 10lbs, 7oz (this is approximate, she was 10lbs 12.5oz on the 15th)
 
Length: 21.5in (also approximate, she wasn't measured so I tried)
 
Likes: Tummy time. "Wagon Wheel" by Darius Rucker, seriously it calms her instantly! Bath time. Bicycle legs! Being in the Ergo. Cuddling and snuggling
 
Dislikes: The nosefrida... who would like that thing, BUT it works! Pacifiers. Waiting to eat, even just a minute! Being put down :)
 
Sleep: She fights sleep once we are upstairs at night. Not even just in a fussy way, just like she decided it is time to hang out, but once she goes down she usually gives us a good 4-5 hour stretch and then another good 3+ hour. Sometimes it is only 2-3 hours each time, usually on nights my husband is at work haha. During the day she really is awake a lot, loves to play and do tummy time and look around. She takes a few short naps and then a longer one in the afternoon we hope. We aren't really worried about a schedule yet. We have the best "routine" we can and some days it doesn't work and we are okay with that too! I love snuggling her in the afternoons even if she isn't napping, but just relaxing.
 
Anything else: Where do I even start?! I feel like there have already been so many amazing things in the first month when in reality Finleigh does a lot of sleeping, EATING, and of course wet and messy diapers! She is gaining weight like crazy, but the doctor said just like newborns can't be spoiled she can't gain too much ;) I think she stopped fitting in "newborn" size close by about 10 days old, some outfits she never even wore and we were careful not to have too many newborn size in general just assuming she would be big. A few recent pics:

 having fun at the park!

seriously I am OBSESSED with tiny hoodies!
 
If you are still reading this ridiculously long post, I feel like there is too much to say and I want to post this (9 days late already) before she wakes up. Really how can there be so many pictures and updates in such a short time. This really has been the most amazing month. I think it is much different than I thought it would be, but so much better. Working on a post about that... which I will get to someday! I have so many posts in the works, but taking the time to actually finish them is another thing. I post way more pictures on my instagram, let's be honest it is just easy and fast, but working on the bloggin thing again!

1 comment:

  1. Liz,

    I just found your blog today and have been reading for an hour. I love that you started this to keep your family and friends updated. I just started a blog, literally last week, and hope to do the same once I get pregnant (hopefully soon). I just hope to have the courage to share my blog with friends and family. You are definitely an inspiration! &&& your little babe is ADORABLE! xoxoxo

    Take Care,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete