Let's be honest, now that I am a Mommy, there isn't much Liz or much of that, mostly just about Finleigh!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

40 weeks... still no baby!

Blah I did not want to make a 40 week chalkboard or post, but that is where we are at...

How far along? Today is her due date! Looking like no 7+6=13 birthday for our girl!
Fruit/veggie size and development: Baby girl is the size of a jackfruit and yes you guessed it, she is STILL GROWING in there! Her hair and nails are still growing too. (via the bump
Total weight gain: I was the exact same at my appt so a little less than 28 for my total weight gain.
Maternity clothes? I am SO over them! Even if it is just yoga pants and nursing tanks, I am ready for the change!
Stretch marks? Still haven't seen them, but you never know.
Sleep: Sleep actually seems painful, I can't get comfortable. The walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night is usually accompanied by a moan or two Kevin tells me ha.
Best moment this week: Lots of husband time. On the 4th I went to the fire station for a family BBQ since he was working which was really fun, he cooked an amazing meal! Today we made sure to make her due date lots of fun since she wasn't arriving and we saw a movie and played some mini golf in the sun. Trying to enjoy our last little dates!
Miss Anything? Having an ice cold beer on the 4th of July would have been nice ;)
Movement: She is definitely slowing down, but every time I feel her move I tell her to stop squirming and come out :)
Food cravings: Really no cravings at all. I am making myself eat small meals because I don't really get "hungry." Drinking a ridiculous amount of iced water, a few days I drank more than a gallon!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Symptoms: Still some feet swelling at the end of the day, but nothing awful.
Belly Button in or out? Looks super out in my maternity tanks I feel like!
Wedding rings on or off? On normally. When I walk they get tight and after mini golf today they came off.
Labor Signs: I was up to 3cm Tuesday morning and still 50% effaced and having LOTS of contractions. She is making progress but not enough for labor YET! Also she is still gaining weight really fast, yikes!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and EXCITED still!
Looking forward to: The arrival of our beautiful daughter. I am really trying to be patient and I have been praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby and trying mostly failing to focus less on the WHEN, but we are just so excited and ready to be parents!

My next post better be a birth story with baby pics and not a 41 week chalkboard! My doctor said I am "not a good candidate for induction" or at least for a very long time since I am healthy, young & low-risk so I hope she comes on her own soon! :) Back to bouncing on my exercise ball...

No comments:

Post a Comment