Let's be honest, now that I am a Mommy, there isn't much Liz or much of that, mostly just about Finleigh!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

39 weeks - the final countdown!

Seriously i CANNOT get "it's the final countdowwwwwn" out of my head!! no not the whole song, just that darn line, over and over and over again!

How far along? 39 weeks. I remember when July 6th seemed like an eternity away... and now it is NEXT Saturday!
Fruit/veggie size and development: Baby girl is the size of a watermelon (i know, I did that chalkboard a few weeks ago, oops). She is STILL GROWING in there! She can flex her limbs and her tiny nails could even be as long as her tiny little fingers! Her brain is still developing and while she is getting smarter by the week she will continue to develop it after she is born! (via the bump
Total weight gain: I actually lost a lil weight so a little less than 28 total! Feels weird to lose weight but bring it on!!
Maternity clothes? Yes... I am tired of them! it is about to get wretched hot and I don't love any of them for the heat! Anything above 85* is too hot for me NOT being pregnant and with a forecasted 90* plus the next 4 days, I may melt!
Stretch marks? same, none so far. I know they can still show up after!
Sleep: What is that? I am getting great practice in for what is to come. Sleep has been awful, even trying to take unisom it's just not happenin.
Best moment this week: Finishing up most of my to-do list at work Friday so that truly whenever she decides to make her grand entrance I will feel as ready as I can! I maybe went a little overboard with the nesting/cleaning at work, but oh well :)
Miss Anything? Running. Isn't that weird! My husband has been running a ton and I was almost in tears the other day when he went 5 miles. Walking 40 minutes is about my limit, but I am ready to be able to run again!
Movement: Pretty sure baby girl gave me a bruised rib earlier in the week, but it is getting better and really she is just running out of room! the doctor said she is gaining about a 1/2 lb a week right now... to which I replied "WE GOTTA GET HER OUT!" She just laughed at me.
Food cravings: Strawberries again, iced water, and my lemonade. Not really that hungry much.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Symptoms: Feet swelling every so often still and some days not at all. I feel GREAT otherwise, just excited/impatient to finally meet our baby girl!
Belly Button in or out? Out-ish
Wedding rings on or off? Still on! Only after a walk are they pretty tight.
Labor Signs: Tuesday morning at the doc I was at 2cm and about 50% effaced so she is definitely making progress but not enough! I have been having contractions every day, but they aren't consistant, long enough or close enough yet! I go again Monday morning!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and EXCITED!
Looking forward to: Our baby girl arriving! We are SOOOO excited and so ready to meet her! I know my Mom is ready to meet her AND learn her name ;) Also looking forward to revealing the nursery after she is born & her letters are up, etc!

I not-so-secretly hope that my next post is of our beautiful daughter, NOT my 40 week chalkboard update, but we will see...

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog from pinterest while looking at pregnancy chalkboards.....I love reading your blog and can't wait to see your new bundle of joy!! I just found out we are expecting as well...this will be our second!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found you through kaitlyn over at wifessionals :) congratulations on your pregnancy and being near the end!! can not wait to see your baby girl! i hope the labor goes well for you mama!

    ReplyDelete