Let's be honest, now that I am a Mommy, there isn't much Liz or much of that, mostly just about Finleigh!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

38 weeks!


How far along? 38 weeks! Technically only THIRTEEN days from this post ahhhh!!
Fruit/veggie size and development: Baby girl is the size of a pumpkin. She is "likely" 19 to 21ish inches long and weighs anywhere from 6 to 9 lbs (HOWEVER at our appointment on Monday the doc said she thinks about 6.5lbs at that point). She could have even an inch of hair and she is slow getting rid of her "white goo" or vernix caseosa! (via the bump
Total weight gain: 28.3 lbs official according to the doctor. I feel like their scale lies, but they don't.
Maternity clothes? Ugh yes but i would prefer sweats 24/7.
Stretch marks? same still... haven't seen them so far...
Sleep: The hip pain is still waking me up as are the bathroom breaks, but good practice I suppose for some upcoming sleepless nights months ;)
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby girl on the ultrasound Monday and hearing that everything is looking great as we get closer and closer. She was head down then which is good too!!
Miss Anything? Still really the only thing I miss is being able to move around with ease, bending over is just not happenin. I am trying to be patient but i suck at it.
Movement: I haven't noticed the slow down yet, definitely not major "kicks" but just lots and lots and lots of twisting, making for some uncomfy positions for me :)
Food cravings: Fruit and water! And Simply Lemonade Raspberry Lemonade, especially in a mason jar. It is SO good!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Symptoms: Friday morning I had QUITE the lower leg and foot swelling situation. It was so drastic I even called the advice nurse, but they just said to keep them elevated since I don't have any other preeclampsia symptoms at this point. As if I can keep them above my heart at work!
Belly Button in or out? Out-ish
Wedding rings on or off? same, on! they get pretty tight after a walk but otherwise fit just fine.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks and then some real contractions here and there but nothing to track yet! My app is ready. We see the doctor again Tuesday morning.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and READY for her!!! Perhaps a little impatient!
Looking forward to: Baby girl's arrival! It seems like we are just SO close and I am ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment