Let's be honest, now that I am a Mommy, there isn't much Liz or much of that, mostly just about Finleigh!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

31 weeks!

 
Coming next week... better pictures! if we learn how by then :) bought a pineapple too, duh!
How far along? 31 weeks! The single digit week countdown has begun...
Fruit/veggie size and development: Baby girl is as big as a... pineapple!!!! YUM, what would this pregnancy have been so far without pineapple?!? All of her senses are working and her brain and nerves are developing like crazy! Her eyes even react to light. (via the bump)
Total weight gain: almost 19lbs. with 9 weeks to go...
Maternity clothes? Why yes of course :) Got some new tanks this weekend because it has been HOT for Oregon in May!
Stretch marks? Same... none yet! just lathering with lotion and bio oil!
Sleep: A little better, just the usual bathroom trips!
Best moment this week: The letters for her name came and are being painted so we started calling her by it! I am almost glad we took so long to decide so we don't have as long to keep it a secret!
Miss Anything? I am not a fan of hot weather, kind of a heat wimp, so I miss being smaller when it is warm out! I swear it is never hot until July 5th so I was thinking I was safe due the 6th!
Movement: She seriously moves so much. We read a book to her every night and she moves a ton as we head to bed!
Food cravings: strawberries, pineapple and bananas! seriously i go through SO much fruit in a week! also still chocolate milk on the regular! I also perhaps bought a toaster to have at work for when i want a poptart or mini bagel and cream cheese :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Same... Nope!
Symptoms: Just general discomfort, a little mild heartburn actually, but I try to keep reminding myself it could be SO much worse so I try not to complain. I actually jogged a little this week which was the first time in quite a while!
Belly Button in or out? Same... still not "out"
Wedding rings on or off? Same... On!
Labor Signs: Same... Nada!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Seems like we are getting close, I don't want to wait 9 weeks (or more) to meet her!
Looking forward to: my sister will be here in less than FIVE DAYS!! it has been since December so I am soooo excited!! We have a sisters only day on Friday (holla for a 4 day work week!) and then my baby shower Saturday :)

Update: Our "preparing for baby" class is completed and in the books! Some of it was realllly overwhelming (for me), but by the end of the 2nd day today the instructor really did give us some great information. She is very passionate and will actually be giving us our maternity hospital tour this week also! We do feel more prepared (if you can?!) which is the point I suppose...

1 comment:

  1. You look great!! I had to put a stop to eating acidic fruit. I was eating pineapple one day and my entire mouth was suddenly ON FIRE! The same thing happened a few days later with kiwis. I was so sad because I have basically been living on fruit.

    ReplyDelete