Let's be honest, now that I am a Mommy, there isn't much Liz or much of that, mostly just about Finleigh!

Monday, January 28, 2013

17 weeks! & best smoothie ever!


How far along? 17 weeks! 5+ inches long & size of an onion!
Total weight gain: 5 1/2 lbs-ish, I'm not weighing the same day of the week... I need to!
Maternity clothes? I did some online shopping and bought a lot more clothes ($o $pendy), but I am still wearing mostly my normal clothes. Maternity clothes are realllly comfy though, I won't be too upset when I have to switch!
Stretch marks? nothing yet!
Sleep: Still pretty good! I have even actually been able to stay up past 9pm this past week, ha!
Best moment this week: Monday in general was the best "moment." I had the holiday off so Kevin & I got the most amaaaaazing warm cocoa butter couples massage. Heaven. And to top it off, we had my 16 week appt right after the massage & heard the heartbeat! 156bpm and hands down the coolest sound ever!
Miss Anything? My clothes fitting me normal, they still "fit" but are so much more uncomfortable!!
Movement: Yes finally!! It only happens every so often, but finally I started noticing it was the same feeling over and over and then at the doctor she heard baby move on the doppler even as I felt it!
Food cravings: Honeycrisp apples are gone from most stores, SAD! Still LOVING my grapefruit, any time of the day. Maybe once before I brushed my teeth, bad idea. Also I was craving pineapple so I added some frozen to my breakfast smoothie and YUM! (I put the recipe below) My peanut sauce craving was revived when I went to Venti's Taphouse, a restaurant in Salem this weekend. I could literally DRINK their peanut sauce.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!
Have you started to show yet: If I am not hiding it with a scarf or a baggier shirt then I really think it is visible, but honestly probably really only to people who know I am pregnant. My friends this weekend definitely noticed it.
Gender prediction: People keep asking me if I have the "feeling" what the baby is and I really have no idea!
Symptoms: The fatigue is finally getting a little bit better! I have been working out almost every day and have just had a lot of energy and have been ridiculously productive, about damn time! Lower back pain comes and goes, but a little heading pad and putting my feet up and I am good to go!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, almost like caffeine charged happy energy without the caffeine!
Looking forward to: Still ready to find out the gender, come on Valentine's Day!


Best Smoothie Ever!

I am not a food blogger, nor do I pretend to be or plan to be (I could never compete with the stunning photos and recipes of my faves Part Time House Wife & Eat, Live, Run), however this is my new go-to breakfast and it is just too tasty & easy not to share! Okay I maybe pair it with eggo's but the smoothie still adds protein, calcium, potassium, servings of fruit and so much more to the daily diet for baby & me! 

Start with 1 cup vanilla light soy milk, 2 bananas and a small carton of vanilla greek 
yogurt (any low fat brand works)!

Then come the berries: 3/4 cup frozen strawberries (4-5 huge berries), 3/4 cup frozen 
three berry mix and about 1/2 cup frozen pineapple (about 5-6 lil chunks). Got them all at 
Costco! Measurements are estimates since the strawberries are ginormous!

Throw it all in the blender! I usually add a titch of agave syrup to cut any tart!

Voilà! So good! This makes two HUGE smoothies, one for me and one for the hubby! 



1 comment:

  1. You are the cutest and I love that you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete