Let's be honest, now that I am a Mommy, there isn't much Liz or much of that, mostly just about Finleigh!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

14 weeks!

Okay so I skipped 13 weeks. I do plan to be doing weekly updates, but we truly had the craziest 2+ weeks ever! We have had plans every day since the half marathon on the 16th of December. Literally every day since we have either had family or friends plans and were also gone for about half the time in Central Orgeon as well (saw lots of SNOW!). Needless to say sitting on the couch the afternoon of New Years Day felt pretty darn good. I read an entire book!

I am also finally in my 2nd trimester! Feels AMAZING to be a third of the way through already! My OB counts by actual days so she said the 3rd day of the 13th week which happened to be New Years Day! Pretty awesome way to kick off 2013 I thought!


How far along? 14 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3.1 lbs (my official 1st trimester gain)

Maternity clothes? Still not yet, but I would say the jeans are feeling a bit tight on the waist
Stretch marks? No! Lots of cocoa butter happening!
Sleep: the early alarm for my 2 work days this week felt a little shocking, but finally in my own bed for good

Best moment(s) this week: (1) celebrating the start of the 2nd trimester at Benihana with the hubs, it was nice for some alone time and of course delish food! and (2) setting the gender ultrasound for February 14th!
Have you told family and friends: Yes! it also went live on "social media" this week so the world knows
Miss Anything? Champagne on New Years, but not really. Once I found out that New Seasons' goat cheese is pastuerized and I can have it I am happy!
Movement: Nope still early
Food cravings: still really craving honey crisp apples! and green bean with goat cheese & lemon! really anytime I hear something that sounds good I start craving it
Anything making you queasy or sick: walked into a restaurant this week and the warm smell forced me back outside to take a few breaths, but then I was good
Have you started to show yet: still hiding it with clothes, but I can tell for sure
Gender prediction: I have read so many of the wive's tales and come up boy half the time and girl the other!
Symptoms: Being tired hasn't really gone away, but I DID make it until midnight on New Year's Eve. Also still some lower back pack and a few headaches.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: getting back to the work and working out routine! AND finding out the gender on Valentine's Day!



Close up of the chalkboard:
 

1 comment:

  1. You look great! How exciting - I remember when I was 14 weeks (just like yesterday!) It truly does go by fast, believe it or not, even though it may not seem like it.

    I cannot wait to read about what little baby is! How festive that you find out on Valentine's Day! I just love that :)

    ReplyDelete